|The Instructor - Debbie Heading and Tracy Leadort
There are many types of Yoga, however our program will include.
- Gentle Yoga - This practice presents an introduction to basic yoga poses. The class emphasizes stretching, coordination of breath with movement and attention to alignment.
- Slow Flow Yoga - A mindful, slowly paced Yoga class that incorporates conscious flowing of breath with movement of body. You will build strength through slow focused movements and increase flexibility and range of motion via flowing movements and deep stretching. This practice is open to beginners and brand new students.
- Walking with mindfulness - A mindful walk in nature. We will meet at Rockwood Museum and Park and walk this beautiful estate in addition to certain connecting areas of Alapocas Run State Park. This practice will allow you to walk and being aware of each step and your breath, you will take in and embrace the beauty of nature while creating a state of peace with in you body.
New to Yoga - What to expect
- Best to arrive 10-15 minutes early. We sign in for drop-ins or you can purchase packages and use a scan card for quick sign in.
- Practice on an empty stomach. Do not eat 2-3 hours prior to yoga practice. Juice or fruit are OK if you need quick energy before class. Drink plenty of water prior to class, but avoid drinking during class.
- Dress appropriately. Wear comfortable, form-fitting workout clothing. Layers help to adjust for temperature changes during and after class. Big Tee-shirts flop over your head in Down Dog!
- Purchase a yoga mat. Having your own mat supports your commitment to your practice and ensures its cleanliness. Mats and can be rented for $1.
- Remove your shoes after entering the studio. Your shoes and valuables can be left in a cubby in the studio corner
- Turn off your cell phone. This enhances your experience and is a polite gesture to your fellow students. Also please leave cell phone outside the practice space
- Notify the teacher of injuries or medical conditions. This helps the teacher know how to assist you and give you modifications.
- And finally relax and have fun we were all beginners too! We all feel awkward in the beginning
©2015 New Boundaries Holistic Fitness - All Rights Reserved